Someone just did a story on how plenty of everyday activities count as “exercise” as long as they get your heart rate up. And if you do enough of them, it can be just as good as hitting the gym. Here are six daily activities that count as exercise . . .
1. The “I’m late” sprint. Running to catch a train or bus can get your heart rate going enough to count as light-to-moderate exercise.
2. Running errands. Walking through the aisles of a store is just as good as walking outside, especially if you’re in a rush or walk briskly.
3. Cleaning. It involves a lot of bending, lifting, and other physical activities.
4. Yard and lawn care. Mowing the lawn can be a workout. So can gardening.
5. Walking your dog. Just another way of getting your steps in.
6. Playing with your kids. Doing ANYTHING with a kid takes energy.