1. Eat better. Less processed food. More whole foods, veggies, nuts, and seeds.
2. Be more active. Adults need at least 75 minutes of moderate exercise a week.
3. Don’t use tobacco. That includes vaping.
4. Get enough sleep. Seven to nine hours a night for adults. Up to 10 for teens.
5. Keep your weight in check. A healthy BMI is between 19 and 25. There are online calculators to help figure out where you’re at.
6. Control cholesterol. High levels of “bad” cholesterol cause heart disease.
7. Manage your blood sugar. Eat right and exercise to avoid Type 2 diabetes.
8. Keep your blood pressure in check. 120 over 80 (or less) is ideal.
Doing these things may make us live longer by six years!!