If stats from surveys gets you going, well then this is the post for you!
1. Only 51% of Americans are planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day. That’s down from 55% last year . . . and way down from the record high of 63% in 2007.
2. But spending will be at an all-time high . . . people will spend an average of $162, up from $143 last year.
3. Men plan to spend more than double what women plan to spend.
4. Engaged people spend the most of any type of couples on Valentine’s Day . . . people who are dating are second . . . and married people spend the least.
5. 7% of single people say they spend an “unlimited” amount of money on themselves on Valentine’s Day.
6. 6% of people have spent more than $500 on Valentine’s Day at some point in the past. 4% of people have never spent a dime on it.
7. The top five things women want to do the most on Valentine’s Day are: Go out to dinner . . . get takeout and drink wine . . . have a good conversation . . . have sex . . . and read a book.
8. The top five things men want to do the most on Valentine’s Day are: Go out to dinner . . . have sex . . . get a drink at a bar . . . get takeout and drink wine . . . watch sports on TV.
9. 41% of people who own a pet say they’ll probably post a Valentine’s Day picture of that pet on social media today. And half of women and a third of men will remember to say “I love you” to their pet.
10. And a new study found that if, after a lonely Valentine’s Day, you’re looking for a relationship that could go the distance, it’s more important to find someone who’s KIND and emotionally STABLE than someone who has a similar personality to you.
ALSO, from National Today
1. 13% of people LOVE Valentine’s Day, and say it’s the best holiday of the entire year. But . . . 5% of people feel the exact opposite, and say it’s the most depressing.
2. 9% of people are buying THEMSELVES candy or flowers today.
3. 8% proposed to someone or have been proposed to on Valentine’s Day . . . or they’re expecting it to happen today.
4. 3% are going on a Tinder date tonight.